MTC – The Monumental Task Committee
The MTC is a predominantly volunteer-run monument preservation organization that was founded in New Orleans in 1989. Our mission is to restore, repair and forever maintain all of the monuments located in the city. Members of our Board of Directors come from diverse professional and educational backgrounds, contributing decades of experience to our preservation efforts. As we move into our third decade of service we are excited about the possibilities that we can achieve with the help of our collaborators and supporters.
The MTC cordially invites you to fascinating and enlightening look at the art and artistry of New Orleans’s many public monuments by renowned sculptor and artist Thomas Bruno…..
Interpreting Public Monuments: Thomas Bruno discusses the art, artistry, and history of New Orleans’s beautiful and neglected Monuments.
Wednesday, July 18th, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.The Christopher Room, 6254 Vicksburg Street, New Orleans, LA 70124Online tickets: $20 for single, $30 for two ticketsORPurchase at the door for $25Your ticket includes food, non-alcoholics drinks, and Thomas Bruno’s lecture.A cash bar will be available.All proceeds from this event benefits the Monumental Task Committee!For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Member
- Become a part of the MTC membership family today! As a MTC member, you will receive:
- A Monumental Task Committee, Inc. Membership Card
- A Subscription to the Bi-annual MTC newsletter
- Advance Notice and Invitations to all MTC Events and Lectures
- Recognition in the MTC Newsletter, on the Website and in our Annual Report
- Business Card Print Advertisement in our Printed/Web Newsletter at the Patron Level
- Customized Print Recognition/Advertisement at the Special Donor Level (above $150.00)
The knowledge that you are making a true difference for the city of New Orleans by advancing the MTC’s work to preserve and maintain the city’s history and culture through her treasured monuments
Your Own Amount-Special Donor $150.00 or more
- The MTC is an all-volunteer, non-political organization that has taken care of ALL New Orleans monuments for over 25 years.
- The MTC does not support the removal of any city monuments, especially those that have graced the city’s landscape for over a century.
- The MTC does not consider any of the city’s monuments to be “nuisances” as defined by the 1993 ordinance.
- The MTC encourages the installation of new monuments to forgotten heroes or historic events.
- The MTC supports the installation of interpretive plaques to aid in the ongoing discussion which puts the monument in a more current context.
How to reach us:
Phone: 1 (888) 534-3936
Monumental Task Committee
1215 Prytania St. Suite 333
New Orleans, LA 70130
I would like to donate to the MDF fund
Monument Defense Fund
You will directed to Paypal. Enter a dollar amount, then choose to pay with Paypal, or to use your credit card